Author Topic: New Shimano Baitrunners  (Read 11037 times)

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
New Shimano Baitrunners
« on: August 12, 2009, 10:04:25 PM »
The Shimano Baitrunners are definitely one of the most popular reels along the east coast.  Check out the new design for 2009. t^

Shimano Re-designs its Classic Baitrunner Reels
with Latest Spinning Reel Technology

IRVINE, Calif. — ICAST SHOW INTRO – New for ‘09/‘10 -- In what has been the ‘go to’ reel for live bait fishing situations, Shimano’s BaitRunner spinning reels have been used with much success for more than 20 years by guides and anglers worldwide. While keeping its secondary drag system to allow baits to swim free with the bail closed, Shimano launches an entire new line of BaitRunner (BTR) reels, featuring new spinning reel technology and a modern, compact design. The series offers reels in four sizes for both freshwater and saltwater use, including the BTR4000D, 6000D, 8000D and 12000D.

Going back to 1986 when Shimano offered its patented BaitRunner feature on the Triton SeaSpin reels – later taking on BaitRunner name in 1989, “we’ve made very little changes to these reels since then,” said Jeremy Sweet, reel product manager for Shimano. “But as anglers know, we’ve made tremendous advances in spinning reel technology over those years – our Propulsion Line Management System, Fluidrive II gearing, Super Stopper anti-reverse to name a few. We’ve incorporated these and more in the new BaitRunner D reels, plus increased the adjustability of the BaitRunner secondary drag system.”

Proven on other Shimano spinning reels, each BaitRunner D reel features Varispeed oscillation for better line lay, SR one-piece bail wire, a cold-forged aluminum spool, a graphite frames and sideplate, Dartanium II drag washers and three shielded A-RB (anti-rust) ball bearings. “We go further with our S Concept design features, including S-Rotor, S-Arm Cam, a direct-drive mechanism with thread-in handle attachment, oversized Septon handle grips and a waterproof drag,” Sweet said.

All four BaitRunner D reels have 4.8:1 gear ratios. Line capacities range from 240 yards of 8-pound test mono - or 270 yards of 15-pound PowerPro braid - on the BTR4000D; 265 yards of 12-pound test mono - or 210 yards of 50-pound PowerPro - on the BTR 6000D; 250 yards of 17-pound mono – 290 yards of 50-pound PowerPro – on the BTR8000D; while the BTR12000D will handle 350 yards of 16-pound mono – or 310 yards of 65-pound PowerPro.

“At Shimano, we know we have many very loyal fans of our BaitRunner reels, and we look forward to providing this entirely new design and new technology to these spinning reel enthusiasts,” said Sweet.

For more information on the BaitRunner D spinning reels, see your local tackle dealer - visit the Shimano web site at www.shimano.com - or call Shimano’s product support team at 877/577-0600 (6 am to 5 pm Pacific Standard Time).

Shimano Baitrunner D Specs

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: New Shimano Baitrunners
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 10:12:17 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Bob have you had a chance to handle one?  I heard a lot of mixed reviews on these.  It looks like all of the "changes" are just better and new improved technology.  I think the negative reviews were just those that don't like change?

TT^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 10:21:18 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Bob have you had a chance to handle one?  I heard a lot of mixed reviews on these.  It looks like all of the "changes" are just better and new improved technology.  I think the negative reviews were just those that don't like change?

TT^

They haven't been shipped to us yet.  I'll be excited to see one when they do.

I don't understand how anybody can construct a serious opinion on a reel that has been on the market for less than a month! nts

The good news for those that prefer the older model is that they've already been marked down to clearance them out to make room for the new models. t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 10:37:07 PM »
One of the local B&T's in Seaside already received their shipment.  They also quickly sold out of the old models.

Looking forward to your opinion.

I looked at a new Shimano model...and I can't remember which one?  Maybe the new Stradic and really liked the changes they made to it.  Looks like they incorporated those changes into the Baitrunners as well.

TT^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 11:19:27 PM »
Nice Reel t^

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 03:21:23 PM »
they need to add a few more zeroes to it.

I'll buy when they put out the 40000000000000 it just HAS to be better

no seriously, nice reels that I covet

i also covet the avets

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:21:19 AM »
Finally got these new Baitrunners in the store today!  And they are sweeeeeet!  Smooth as silk!  Many upgrades on this new model, including S-ARBs (Sealed Anti-Rust Bearings), carbon drag washers and a round, Septon handle knob.

If you're in the market for a new Baitrunner style reel, you should definitely check these out! t^

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 12:43:57 AM »
bucktail, what is Dick's retailing this reel at.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 01:12:50 AM »
Joe, we have the 4000, 6000 & 8000.  $159.99, $169.99 & $179.99 respectively.  Probably the same as everyone else, except for the thieves on the internet. ;)

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-